Sales Tips For Accountants
Sep 14, 2022
I would bet a good portion of my bank account that most accountants do not view themselves as 'sales people'.
But, if you're an accounting firm owner, like I am...I have news for you.
You cannot afford to not be a sales person. You want growth? Expansion? Opportunity? Well, you need to start learning about sales and perfecting your process.
I'll be completely real with you - when I started down the sales rabbit hole I was overwhelmed and struggled initially to implement all of the strategies I was learning into my firm.
Now, my sales process is (if I do say so myself) is pretty damn good.
So, here we go:
- Have intent with Sales – Create time and a routine to work on sales regardless of the size of your business and how many employees you have
- Develop your sales process and sales cycle – Depending on the services you offer and the type of client you are looking to acquire your process could be a 1 call close or up to several calls leading to a close
- Develop trust during your prospect calls – provide examples, have a real, engaging conversation
- Make sure all decision makers are on the calls – do not waste your time meeting with managers or spouses that do not make the ultimate purchase decisions. This will create confusion for the prospect and will later only bite you in the butt.
- Price is not a reason for not buying – answer all questions and provide any additional information needed to close the deal.
- Front-load your onboarding and sales cycle to create a friction free experience for your clients and prospects
Want to Hear more details about my stellar sales process? Head over to our podcast - https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/W7VboTrKbtb