By Amber Salgado
Today on the podcast we discuss the ups and downs of being a completely remote firm. One of the biggest struggles any 100% remote business has is hiring and training employees and maintaining that team-like atmosphere and company culture.
As the Director of Operations for Stratlign, I have put in a TON of time figuring out some best practices for remote employees, so read on for all my tips and tricks...
- Make sure you ask questions about remote work experience
- Do they have any remote experience?
- What struggles did they find with working remote and how did they overcome them?
- What is their set up like at home – do they have a dedicated workspace free of distractions?
- How did they make sure they formed a connection with their teammates?
- Be sure to talk about how you connect your staff in a remote environment and let it not effect your company culture, etc.
- Go over remote working policies so they know exactly what is expected of them.